Android device for automotive GPS/GLONASS navigation and communication
At the order of a Russian design office, we have developed a car navigation and communication device which supports GLONASS / GPS, mobile communication in hands-free mode and data transmission in 3G networks. This navigator automatically updates information on road conditions and offers the driver the best route taking into account traffic congestion. The device is controlled through a 5-inch touch screen and operated by Android.
Key Features of the Navigation and Communication Device
- GPS/GLONASS receiver reduces the number of “dead” spots in high-rise urban areas (compared to GPS navigators)
- Estimation of the best route taking into account information on the road conditions (traffic jams, repairs, etc.)
- Mobile GSM/GPRS/3G (hands-free) support
- Android 2.2 support and the option of installing additional mobile applications for gaming, watching movies, reading books, etc.
- Durable compact enclosure (aluminum and plastic)
- Five-inch touch screen
Technical Features of the GPS/GLONASS Vehicle Navigator
The development of the GPS/GLONASS vehicle navigation and communication device was a turn-key project. Promwad experts performed the following tasks:
— Hardware platform development