The Promwad's experts have developed the next training course for the Faculty of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science of the Belarusian State University (BSU). This is a series of practical training workshops “The image recognition software for embedded systems based on OS Linux”.
During the 4th year of study, students will develop their open source software for license plate detection based on devices running Embedded Linux. The plan of lesson includes the following topics:
- The development process and roles of its participants: developers, architects, etc.
- Unit testing. Test-driven development (TDD)
- Video capture, license plate character segmentation from video images, working with the OpenCV library
- Recognition of the selected parts of images
- Quality control of the project. Review-architects
- Project management and process management: theory, practice, tools
- The TI DaVinci DSP-processor for “dummies”
Students will also become familiar with the criteria for assessing the quality of work for project managers, quality assurance specialists, technical writers, programmers and architects.
It is not the first Promwad’s collaboration experience with the Belarusian State University, the leading educational institution of the country. In the last academic year, the company's specialists worked with the third year students in the BSU within their course “Linux Kernel Programming”, which was designed to arouse interest of the future software developers in open source technologies.