ISE 2019: our exhibit notes and innovations review
On February 5–8, Amsterdam hosted the largest exhibition in the field of AV and electronic systems integration, Integrated Systems Europe. We visited this event to be up to date with the latest technologies in order to design electronics and software for our customers within new market trends.
About 1,300 companies gathered at convention center RAI Amsterdam to present innovations in digital signage, home automation, IP & network distribution, multimedia home systems, and many others.
Here is our personal top list of technologies that we paid special attention to:
- Digital Signage.It seems that this year “smart walls” have become the main market segment at ISE 2019. Exhibitors showcased innovative controllers for simultaneous broadcasting of one big picture on 8 high-resolution screens. This media is in high demand by amusement parks, advertising agencies, trade, and sports companies. Many innovations were presented at the Interactive Display area, such as unique screens by LG, Samsung, BOE, and Panasonic.
- Smart home & smart city, including intercom. In our opinion, the most user-friendly and multipurpose solutions were presented by companies from the Czech Republic, Germany, France, Croatia.
- Touch panels based on various hardware platforms, including dual-touch and multi-input resistive screens for navigation systems, trade, and services.
- 3D cameras for depth sensing. This impressive technology allows motion tracking, facial recognition, and real-time 3D mapping. While we were walking back and forth through the exhibition hall, video sensors recognized us, measured our height, weight, mood (!) and other parameters. We believe, this technology has great prospects not only in the security systems market but also in targeted advertising.
Some more interesting announcements at the Integrated Systems Europe 2019 exhibition:
- ATEN International, a manufacturer of telecommunications equipment, has demonstrated applications of their switches for control rooms, conference halls, multifunctional rooms. Also, they showcased new solutions for distributing proAV content and remote IT-management.
- ZOTAK, a computer hardware manufacturer, introduced a new line of embedded computers ZBOX PRO allowing to increase software efficiency and provide a high level of performance.
Now we are writing follow-up notes for our potential customers and partners we met at the exhibition. If you did not have time for our personal meeting in Amsterdam, feel free to call us or send a letter. We are always open to communication and will be glad to share with you our tech expertise.
The next ISE 2020 exhibition will take place on February, 10–14. See you there!