Design of L2 Gigabit managed switches, 16 and 24 ports models
A manufacturer of network equipment.
To design a series of Gigabit network switches with Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) support. 16 and 26 port models in metal enclosures in the compact 1U form factor.
Promwad's engineering team designed a custom managed L2 switches based on Realtek 83xx chipset (CPU MIPS-4KEc 32bit@500MHz).
L2 switch features:
- 24 x 10/100М Ethernet ports
- 4 x Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Support of Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az)
- 256MB RAM
- 8K Entries in MAC Address Table
- Loop Detection
- Port Mirroring
- 802.3x Flow Control
- IGMP Snooping
- Support of VLAN 802.1Q
- QoS (802.1p, DSCP)
- Port-Based Authentication (802.1X)
- OAM 802.3ah
- Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Telnet Server
- Syslog & RMON
Our scope of works included PCB design, mechanical design, embedded software development and web-interface for management and control. As a result, our customer received a series of new products for simple network management.