Telecom Software Solutions
Since 2004, Promwad has been helping customers to be on the cutting edge of telecommunication technologies, creating for them new networking devices and software within long-term R&D co-operation models.
We work with manufacturers of telecom equipment, integrators, and telecom operators to create commercially successful network solutions for faster and more accessible broadband Internet for end-users and businesses.
How we work
Our clients are companies with many years of experience in telecom, they do not just follow trends of the industry, but also set them through constant innovations and R&D process. To be in the avant-garde, to offer eco-friendly and convenient network devices – not only in terms of technology but also in terms of design – these are the goals set by our customers.
Many of our clients have their own R&D departments and experience with Chinese manufacturers. However, they choose Promwad to take their business to the next level, as they trust our experience in telecom electronics design and partnership with world-leading semiconductor vendors.
Telecom equipment engineering
LAN / WAN / WiFi routers
Our clients stay one step ahead of trends in the telecom market with the next-gen LAN / WAN / WiFi routers and other access point devices. Experienced since 2004, our team focuses on advanced telecom and rugged applications with high-speed interfaces, multi-layer PCB, proper thermal and signal integrity modelling.
We design Ethernet switching equipment which serves as an integral part of any intelligent network. Our telecom R&D unit has hands-on experience with network switch technology and switch SDK from leading chip vendors. Among the examples of Ethernet switching devices are:
- stackable & managed access switches
- carrier Ethernet switches/routers/gateways
- security appliances
- aggregation switches & routers
Telecom software development
We develop software for network equipment in compliance with the highest requirements for bandwidth and quality of service (QoS) performing the following tasks:
Customized telecom solutions
VoIP integration, and more
Our portfolio includes specialized distribution files for VoIP devices, embedded solutions for thin clients and mini-servers. We also developed a full software package for the second commercial plug computer in the world.
Promwad software engineers have developed system and user software for managed switches with Energy Efficient Ethernet and PoE support, home and industrial routers, hubs, and other network devices.
SDK: Microchip IStaX-APPL-2020.09.
Tested on a PCB135 debug board from Microchip on VSC7558. Q-in-Q operates on the Sparx-5 microprocessor family.
Description: Selective Q-in-Q determines the pairing of a given client VLAN (on the UNI side) and the sought S-VLAN identifier. The S-VLAN identifier is joined to the input unmodified C-VLAN, and the packet is forwarded across the ISP's double-tagged network. The S-VLAN ID is removed from the output, and the client VLAN ID is retained in the packet. Packets that do not match the specified client VLANs are discarded by default.
Networking hardware and equipment
We design bespoke hardware and network appliances for high-speed data processing, that meet high requirements for data network bandwidth capacity:
Our technology map
- Ethernet 1G/2.5G/10G/40G/100G
- WiFi IEEE802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ad
- Bluetooth classic and BLE
- ADSL, SHDSL
- Fast-Path network processing
- Hardware accelerated NAT
- Linux DSA, distributed switch architecture
- VoIP and telephony SLIC interfacing, DECT
- Ethernet packet processing
- Remote management
L2 & L2+ Linux-based managed switch software:
- Port speed, duplex mode, flow control, link control, statistics, MIB counters
- PoE and PoE+ with LLDP
- Hotplug SFP detection
- QoS traffic classification, port priority, VCAP (ACL) policers, port egress shaping, DiffServ (RFC2474), hierarchical quality of service (H-QoS)
- MAC address learning, VLAN, private VLANs, port isolation, MAC-based VLAN, protocol-based VLAN, VLAN trunking, GVRP, MVRP, MSTP, RSTP, STP, loop detection, link aggregation, LACP, IGMP v2/v3 snooping, MLD v1/v2 snooping, DHCP snooping, MVR, port and flow mirroring
- Ring protection: G.8031, G.8032 v1/v2
- DHCP option 82 relay, UPnP
- 802.1X, Radius, TACACS+, MAC-based authentication
- 1588v2 PTP, NTPv4, peer-to-peer / end-to-end / boundary clock
- OAM Y.1731
- MIBs: RFC 2674 VLAN, IEEE 802.1Q, RFC 2819, RFC 1213, RFC 1215, RFC 4188, RFC 4292, RFC 4293, RFC 5519, RFC 4668, RFC 4670, RFC 3635, RFC 2863, RFC 3636, RFC 4133, RFC 3411, RFC 3414, RFC 3415, RFC 2613, IEEE 802.1, IEEE 802.1AB, IEEE 802.3ad, RFC 3621
- Ethernet 1G/2.5G/10G/40G/100G
- Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n/ac/ad
- PCI Express
- PSTN (POTS)
- Ethernet II
- STP, RSTP, MSTP
- PTP (IEEE 1588v2)
Network & transport layer
- TCP/IP (IPv4/IPv6)
- SSL: OpenSSL, axTLS
- RFCOMM, OBEX, ATT
- T.38 (UDPTL)
"I want to mention the high level of proficiency of Promwad. They developed excellent technical solutions in full compliance with the specifications. Transparency of company processes made a very favourable impression".
— Vladislav Lvov, Manager of the direction of Locus Pro, LLC
Our portfolio in telecom
Do you need a quote for your engineering project for the telecom industry?
Drop us a line about your project! We will contact you today or the next business day. All submitted information will be kept confidential.