- AI-powered broadcast content processing
- AI-powered audio and video content processing
- Adaptation of LLMs (Large Language Models) for media content search and prioritising
- Custom AI models training and porting to cloud or embedded hardware
Multimedia Broadcasting Solutions
Discover new horizons in improving bandwidth and reducing latency of your broadcast solutions with our hardware design, AI-powered broadcast FPGA and comprehensive backend and frontend development services.
Whether you want to develop audio and TV broadcasting equipment or other 8K and 4K TV streaming solutions – Promwad is here to assist you in creating cost-effective, scalable systems with real-time analytics.
Our Partners and Companies Employing Promwad Solutions
What We Do for Our Clients
IP cores for media streaming & ProAV →
– SDI-to-IP solutions
– Streaming routers and mixers
– AV processing acceleration
– Encoding, decoding, transcoding
Hardware & firmware
for modular systems →
– openGear frames
– Hot-swappable cards
– Fibre transportation solutions
– Cross-bridges & interfaces
Software Solutions →
– Camera control systems
– Multiview displays
– Dashboard control systems
– AI-powered analytics
– Cloud-based media streaming platform
Services We Provide
Our Expertise in Broadcast Solutions
Audio & video transportation
We help you to:
- Increase bandwidth for 8K and 4K live TV streaming with perfect quality
- Ensure uninterrupted streaming and video-on-demand services with data loss protection, smart buffering and storage solutions
- Minimise glass-to-glass latency for live streaming and interactive applications with a presence effect
- SDI-to-IP conversion with SMPTE ST 2110 and IPMX
- IP cores from Xilinx and Intel
- Cost-efficient network-attached storages (NAS) with high capacity and reliable backup redundancy
- Transcoding full-HD, UHD, and HDR via FPGA accelerators
- Audio processing, mixing and transporting
- Components of fibre transport infrastructure
openGear-compliant hardware, firmware, and software
Tasks we cover:
- Enhance scalability and interoperability of digital TV broadcasting equipment through the openGear standards, ensuring compatibility with third-party streaming and data processing solutions.
- Enable multi-channel operations, easy reconfiguration, scaling, and rapid replacement with hot-swappable openGear cards.
- Launch easy remote control of your network streaming, processing and storage resources.
- Design of openGear boards for compact multifunctional systems with hot-swappable cards.
- Firmware development for frames and cards.
- Dashboard software for remote control.
Cross-bridging and interfacing for proAV and multiview display hardware
Our standard tasks:
- Connect and control multiple streaming sources, processing resources, and storages
- Convert between AV interfaces
- Project streams on multiview display boards
- Accelerate multi-stream processing
- Manage routing and remote access
- Video and audio cross-bridges, frame grabbers
- FPGA-based hardware accelerators for capturing, processing, encoding, transmitting, and displaying audio and video signals
- ProAV hardware interfaces, including control panels, processors, and multiview displays
- Network-attached storage (NAS) interfaces, such as IP-to-NVMe and IP-to-UFS
- Routers and wireless interfaces
Software for dashboards and multiview displays with AI-powered content analytics
Challenges we address:
- Establish seamless remote control of your streaming and processing tools.
- Integrate AI-powered streaming content analytics.
- Launch scalable streaming service for millions of users.
Our AI analytics expertise:
- Media content categorisation, advertisement filtering, and personalisation.
- Harmful content detection and censorship.
- Specific content segment retrieval and analysis.
- Sports analytics.
Make the most of broadcast technology with Promwad’s experts.
100+ engineers and managers are in the company
Our video solutions were used on world championships
ISO 9001 compliance
Our Case Studies
16x channel 3G-SDI-to-IP fibre extender
We developed a schematic design, PCB layout and firmware for a high-end processing board with the Virtex UltraScale FPGA. The card allows transporting 4 x 12G-SDI or 4 x 4 3G-SDI streams via SDI over a single fibre strand.
- 4-16 ch of SDI inputs
- 4 x fibre CWDM-SFP12G output
- 4 x SFP4 25G optical ports
- 4x 4 х 3G-SDI ports
- 16 GB DDR4 SO-DIMM
- QDRII+ onboard memory
- Demo FPGA firmware for major blocks
- FPGA reconfiguration via CAN bus
- Remote control through a custom dashboard
Platform for broadcasters
We have off-the-shelf server software for operators and broadcasters who aggregate video streams on their servers and distribute them to their clients.
Our ready-to-go solution
- Receives and transcodes video
- Creates profiles and serves subscribers
- Monitors all transmitting/receiving devices
- Manages their settings;
Video streams can be transmitted to TVs, set-top boxes, and mobile devices.
This software allows digital TV operators to receive streams from CCTV cameras in various regions.
Application for video camera
- UI\UX design
- Application development + web version
C\C++, Qt for WebAssembly, GStreamer, ffmpeg
Photo for illustration purposes only
Virtual audio mixer
We developed a cross-platform Qt-based application for MacOS, Windows, and Linux.
What our solution does
- Mixes 6 inputs to 4 outputs across 4 buses for versatile audio source mixing: music, videos, IP calls, and IP radio can be mixed and sent to different audio outputs.
- Supports 8 mono microphones, 2 stereo hardware channels, and 12 stereo virtual channels simultaneously.
- Compatible with pro audio DAWs and various audio interfaces: MME, Direct-X, KS, WaveRT, WASAPI, and ASIO.
- Enables connections to musical instruments and supports VST/VST3 plugins.
Photo for illustration purposes only
AI-powered content analysis and filtering
We developed a state-of-the-art neural model based on YOLO 5 and 8 to identify specific behaviours in video streams, such as smoking, mobile phone use, and mask-wearing.
The model was trained on over 12K labelled images and optimised to reduce processing latency by ten times.
Our solution helps to filter targeted advertising and enable video censorship and content categorisation.
Firmware development for serial and GPI fibre transceiver
We developed firmware for a long-haul fibre optic link transmitter with serial and GPI connections.
The project was implemented for Lynx Technik AG, a German company that designs high-quality products for professional A/V and broadcasting.
- RJ45 connector with the RS232/422/485 interface
- SFP module
- MCU with USB functionality from Microchip
- 10-layer, 1.3mm thickness PCB
- Standard loss FR-4 material
- HDI 2-N-2 technology
Professional 4K camera viewfinder
The designed viewfinder captures raw video from a professional camera using the 3G-SDI interface (60Hz frame rate, UHD format).
Then, it transmits this raw data to the host x86 processor via a PCIe link and displays the processed video stream on a 4K display through the DisplayPort interface.
Bi-directional Quad Link 2SI/SQD development
We've developed a compact 3G/12G SDI gearbox to convert SDI input into Ethernet packets transmitted over the fibre network.
Our team used Semtech cable equalisers and cable drivers to build the physical layer of the SDI interfaces. Video conversion was implemented on the Intel Cyclone 10 GX FPGA, which we enhanced with an 8 Gbit DDR3L for a memory buffer.
From the software side, the device supports both SQD and 2SI modes to facilitate the following SDI video stream conversions.
We developed a schematic design, a PCB layout, and IP cores for the SDI streams gearbox.
12G-SDI to 4x3G-SDI
4x3G-SDI to 12G-SDI
Video decoding and output to the TFT panel
We designed а cost-effective video processing solution based on the Lattice ECP FPGA and tested its prototypes. Our team developed FPGA firmware for receiving video streams from various sources via Ethernet/DSI/HDMI.
- Video parallel RGB interface
- LVDS display interface
- CSI + SDI interface
- FPGA embedded Ethernet switch (up to Gigabit Ethernet)
- Lattice ECP5, Variscite iMX8 module
- Converter of parallel video interface to LVDS/CSI
- Unified for the ECP family
- Fits low-cost Lattice ECP chips
Our Engagement Models
Time & Material
– Payments for actual hours worked
– Regular reporting of time and results
– Regular communication with the team
– Connecting / disconnecting engineers on request
– Flexible development process
– Fixed monthly costs
– Custom-built team with specific competencies
– Fully dedicated engineering team
– Comprehensive IT infrastructure
– Max efficiency for complex projects
– Budget control
– Reduced risk
– Flexible resource allocation
– Clear scope
– Predictable timeline
– Quality control
Do you want to enhance your business with our broadcasting services?
Drop us a line about your project! We will contact you today or the next business day. All submitted information will be kept confidential.