Production of prototypes and samples
A prototype or test sample is a working model of an electronic device that comes as close as possible in functionality, size, and other parameters to the product that will be mass-produced.
The product’s sample helps you accomplish the following tasks before the initial batch is manufactured:
- Demonstrate the product at shows and present it to investors
- Test the hardware and software
- Test the product’s ease of assembly
- Compare and select materials (tactile sensation, appearance, etc.)
- Complete precertification testing (durability, climatic conditions, etc.)
- Perform electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) analysis
Manufacture of prototypes is a laborious process that involves a large number of manually performed operations related to the production and assembly of the product’s components. So the cost of prototyping can be more than 10 times as high as the cost of producing the same device in a batch.
Efficiency, cost optimization, and guaranteed outcome are the hallmarks of Promwad’s sample manufacturing operations. Our customers can expect us to perform the following project tasks:
- Manufacture of samples of any complexity level (1 item and up)
- Components supply
- Printed Circuit Board Production (PCB)
- Printed Circuit Board Assembly (PCBA)
- Quality Control
- Production of enclosure prototypes
- Small-scale production of electronic devices (up to 1000 items)
Our experts will select the best prototyping materials and technologies, taking into account the customer’s preferences, design requirements, and budget.
Materials for the prototyping of electronics and enclosure parts include:
- Various types of plastic: PC, ABS, PA, PP, etc.
- Polyformaldehydes and polyamides (POM, PA), for enclosures resistant to shock and corrosive environments
- Metals: various grades of stainless steel, aluminum, aluminum-magnesium alloys, etc.
- Different types of wood and other unconventional materials
Enclosure prototyping technologies:
- Milling on machines with programmed numerical control (PNC)
- Stereo Lithography using Stereo Lithography Apparatus (SLA)
- Selective Laser Sintering (SLS)
- Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM), a process based on extruding a polymeric filament and laying it down in layers
Three to ten prototypes are manufactured under a project, depending on the customer’s goals and the developers’ requirements.
Our manufacturing support projects
Do you need to manufacture a prototype or a sample? Contact us!
We will be glad to answer your questions.