The SPEAr1340 integrates a powerful graphic core, ARM Mali-200, with 2D/3D acceleration support. The processor is designed for user interface development, navigation, web browsing and gaming. It includes a video codec that supports major compression standards (including H.264 and AVS), with a resolution of up to 1080p and 30 frames per second. These features allow for the use of the SPEAr1340 in applications that require simultaneous processing of multiple video streams, such as video surveillance or conference video applications.
Despite its outstanding performance parameters, the SPEAr1340 remains a rather low-power processor. The system includes two Cortex-A9 cores which provide a performance increase by up to two times, when using the SMP OS.
The SPEAr1340 is also well-suited for input-output multichannel audio streams using the I2S bus or S / PDIF interface.
To be used in security systems, the SPEAr1340 SoC contains a multistandard cryptographic core and one-time programmable memory (OTP) registers for unique identification and tamper-resistant, or anti-tamper, systems.
Created using the 55 nm HCMOS technological process, this new processor inherits the SPEAr1300 architecture which combines unrivaled low consumption, the computing power of two processor cores and an innovative technology called network-on-chip (NoC).
SPEAr1340 key features:
- Two ARMCortex-A9 cores, 600 MHz
- Support for the SMP and AMP operating systems
- 64-bit multi-level network-on-chip bus
- ARM Mali-200 2D/3D graphic processor (GPU) up to 1080p, OpenGLES 2.0, OpenVG 2.0
- Multistandard HD video recorder/decoder, resolution of up to 1080p
- Digital video port which helps configure up to 4 video camera interfaces
- Multichannel audio 7.1
- Giga/Fast Ethernet ports
- 1x PCIe 2.0 / SATA
- 3x USB 2.0 (Host/OTG)
- I2S, UART and I2C
- Supported peripherals:
- TFT LCD display up to 1920 x 1080 (60 Hz)
- Touch screen interface
- 9 x 9 keyboard
- Memory card interface
- Energy efficiency:
- Galvanic fragmentation of chain segments to reduce leakage currents
- Dynamic clocking control
- Dynamic oscillator frequency control