Design and manufacturing of telecom equipment
Networking hardware and equipment
We design bespoke hardware and network appliances for high-speed data processing:
- End-user equipment: CPE, routers, residential gateways, set-top boxes, home networking adapters, wireless AP, and thin clients.
- Ethernet switching: stackable and managed access switches, Сarrier Ethernet switches/routers/gateways, security appliances, aggregation switches and routers.
- Industrial network equipment and industrial Internet of Things (IoT): switches for industrial process control, transportation and automotive applications, smart grid energy distribution.
- Custom FPGA network cards for broadcast video, high-performance computing, AI, and data-center applications.
Our developments meet high requirements for data network bandwidth capacity.
I want to mention the high level of proficiency of Promwad. They developed excellent technical solutions in full compliance with the specifications. Transparency of company processes made a very favourable impression.
- Development of system drivers for network chips, wire and wireless interfaces
- Optimization of the network stack for a hardware platform
- Development and upgrade of Linux-based software for L2 switching and L3 forwarding with VLANs, flow control (802.3x), flow/port mirroring, IGMP snooping, GVRP, etc.
- Design of user interfaces and applications for managing network devices and infrastructures via web GUI, command line interface (CLI), simple network management protocol (SNMP), telnet server, JSON RPC, etc.
- Development of VoIP solutions, including SIP user agents with hardware-accelerated audio/voice processing
- Remote desktop software integration: implementation of RDP, Citrix ICA, and VMwareP CoIP protocols
Our technology map
- Ethernet 1G/2.5G/10G/40G/100G
- WiFi IEEE802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ad
- Bluetooth classic and BLE
- ADSL, SHDSL
- Fast-Path network processing
- Hardware accelerated NAT
- Linux DSA, distributed switch architecture
- VoIP and telephony SLIC interfacing, DECT
- Ethernet packet processing
- Remote management
L2 & L2+ Linux-based managed switch software:
- Port speed, duplex mode, flow control, link control, statistics, MIB counters
- PoE and PoE+ with LLDP
- Hotplug SFP detection
- QoS traffic classification, port priority, VCAP (ACL) policers, port egress shaping, DiffServ (RFC2474), hierarchical quality of service (H-QoS)
- MAC address learning, VLAN, private VLANs, port isolation, MAC-based VLAN, protocol-based VLAN, VLAN trunking, GVRP, MVRP, MSTP, RSTP, STP, loop detection, link aggregation, LACP, IGMP v2/v3 snooping, MLD v1/v2 snooping, DHCP snooping, MVR, port and flow mirroring
- Ring protection: G.8031, G.8032 v1/v2
- DHCP option 82 relay, UPnP
- 802.1X, Radius, TACACS+, MAC-based authentication
- 1588v2 PTP, NTPv4, peer-to-peer / end-to-end / boundary clock
- OAM Y.1731
- MIBs: RFC 2674 VLAN, IEEE 802.1Q, RFC 2819, RFC 1213, RFC 1215, RFC 4188, RFC 4292, RFC 4293, RFC 5519, RFC 4668, RFC 4670, RFC 3635, RFC 2863, RFC 3636, RFC 4133, RFC 3411, RFC 3414, RFC 3415, RFC 2613, IEEE 802.1, IEEE 802.1AB, IEEE 802.3ad, RFC 3621
- Ethernet 1G/2.5G/10G/40G/100G
- Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n/ac/ad
- PCI Express
- PSTN (POTS)
- Ethernet II
- STP, RSTP, MSTP
- PTP (IEEE 1588v2)
Network & transport layer
- TCP/IP (IPv4/IPv6)
- SSL: OpenSSL, axTLS
- RFCOMM, OBEX, ATT
- T.38 (UDPTL)
Our portfolio in telecom
Want to design a new product for the telecom industry?
Please, drop us a line about your project and our specialists will contact you today or next business day. All submitted information will be kept confidential.