The system-on-module based on TI DM3730
To design the CPU module in the SODIMM-200 form factor, which helps cut the time, costs, and risks of designing new products.
We've chosen DM3730 processor from Texas Instruments with low power consumption as a core module. This CPU has advanced features for the user interface, such as OpenGL ES 3D graphics and rich capabilities for playback and recording of multimedia streams, including 1080p HD video.
The TI DM3730 module can be fitted with one of four IT processors, whichever best suits the required field of application, from the simplified AM3703 (minimal production cost) to the DM3730, which enables the use of the high-performance subsystem TI IVA2.2 (video/audio accelerator based on a DSP kernel) and the 2D/3D graphics accelerator.
TI DM3730 key features
- TI Cortex-A8 microprocessor with a frequency of up to 1,000 MHz
- Up to 512 MB DDR and 512 MB NAND flash
- Interfaces: UART, USB Host/OTG, Ethernet, LCD/Touch, Camera, Audio, SD/MMC
- Optional: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Bluetooth Low Energy
- Periphery support package for Linux
- Industrial use
- Can be used together with a Variscite motherboard
Fields of application
- Industrial automatic machinery
- Video surveillance system
- Telecommunication equipment
- Multimedia systems
We've made a device with the following advantages:
- Various implementation options are possible, such as optional connection of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth interfaces and selection of the best processor for a specific project. The module can be manufactured both for commercial and industrial use with an operational temperature range of –40 to +85 °C
- If the DM3730 and the DM3725 are used, the DSP kernel can be applied and algorithms for digital processing of signals can be implemented. Moreover, the use of hardware codecs in these processors helps speed up the development process and achieve high performance
- A number of distributions based on a Linux or Android kernel can be used as operating systems. The CPU module is supplied with Linux BSP, including all the necessary drivers for the peripherals