Android-based TV for Digital Signage
Our goal was to help the customer with the bring-up and system components integration.
Together with the client, we participated in both solution architecture and software development. Here are some examples of our project tasks:
- Customization of standard Android apps according to the customer's business logic.
- Implementation of energy-saving algorithms based on backlight level change depending on the input video signal.
- Development of additional system services to provide access to system/hardware resources.
- Touchscreen support integration + device rotation support.
- Help the customer develop UI applications + third-party application integration.
- Improvements to the update system and remote control integrations.
- Support for OPS device (Open Pluggable Specification) and RTC + power mode control.
We have addressed all the client's engineering challenges. Below you can find a detailed description of the design products and the stages of the project.
The Android-based TV will be used as an interactive flat-panel display (IFPD) or a video wall in the digital signage market.
1. Hardware design
- screens sizes: 49, 55, 65 inches with 4K video resolution;
- HDMI1-4, DisplayPort, USB Type-C, OPS + V-by-One/LVDS interfaces;
- touchscreen and accelerometer.
2. Software development