Hardware simulation and analysis, 3D modeling
Electronic hardware simulation and analysis reduce the project time without impairing quality, as well as increase the reliability of the designed PCB and hardware in general.
In the course of hardware development we use the following types of simulation and analysis:
We use 3D PCB modeling extensively for integration with the enclosure.
3D modeling benefits:
- Faster enclosure design (reduced cost and time)
- Trouble spot detection at early stages of the project
- Use of ready-made models for hardware thermal analysis
Signal Integrity Analysis (SI)
When designing complex digital circuit boards with high-frequency interfaces, we use IBIS model-based signal integrity analysis.
The simulation takes place at the circuit development stage and during PCB design.
Signal Integrity Analysis allows us to diagnose and eliminate parasitic capacitances and inductances of conductors, mutual induction of adjacent conductors, and circuit inconsistency.
Electromagnetic Compatibility Analysis (EMC)
Checking the electromagnetic compatibility of the circuit board layout allows to:
- Reduce the number of iterations
- Reduce the time of certification testing
- Improve the electromagnetic compatibility of complex integrated devices
We use thermal simulation in the following projects:
- High-current PCB design
- Assessment of the size and location of air vents in the enclosure of the designed device
- Evaluation of heat sink or forced ventilation requirements in integrating the device with the enclosure.
- Assessment of the effective area of heat sink or required air current under forced ventilation of the device in the enclosure
Outcomes of thermal simulation:
- Prevention device over-heating during long-term use within the range of working temperatures
- Increased device reliability
- Reduced design time and cost
- Reduced expenses in warranty maintenance on client site
Power Integrity (PI) Analysis
Power Integrity Analysis (PI) is an important stage of electronics design; it allows simulating power distribution on the PCB.
Present-day microcircuits use higher and higher voltage supply, the use of PCB and micro-circuits keeps growing – these factors make the task of power distribution quite difficult. The problem is aggravated by the reduced number of PCB layers and the use of BGA components with copper range perforation, which complicate power distribution on the PCB.
We analyze the power integrity in highly-integrated and high-current devices. Outcome:
- Improved power integrity by early problem detection before sample manufacturing
- Detection of problems that are difficult to diagnose in a lab environment
- Reduced number of design iterations
- Increased reliability of designed hardware
Our hardware development projects
Do you need PCB simulation and hardware analysis?
Please, drop us a line. We will contact you today or next business day. Skype for instant messaging: sales.promwad. All submitted information will be kept confidential.