4-channel video and audio recorder
By order of the Russian producer of small scale audio/video registration systems we developed a video registration device for digitalization, storage and distribution of audio and video streams on request from 4 analogue sources.
Key characteristics of the 4-channel video recorder
- CompactFlash built-in drive video recording
- Video/Audio coding — JPEG2000 + OGG Vorbis
- Advance architecture of the managing software makes maximal best use of capabilities of the hardware platform (necessary program modules, drivers, user interface are developed).
- Implemented network control protocol of the video recorder allows using the following functions:
- Diagnostics and control of video modules, power management
- Change in record parameters - standards, resolution, chromaticity, etc.
- Control of file archive, set parameter search
- Setting the video record quality (D1, QCIF, CIF)
- Low-bit-rate channel broadcast - in real-time mode or from archive
- Compact firmware upgrade - only 1,5 MB, together with a U-Boot loader - 2 MB
- Using a FOSS standard component (freeandopensoftware) — uClinux-dist, ffmpeg and Linux kernel - significantly reduced the term and development cost
- Long term batch operation of the device and low bit-rate radio channel remote control
4-channel video recorder specifications
In the process of developing the 4th channel video and audio recorder Promwad experts accomplished the following tasks:
— Hardware platform development