Development of an Enclosure Design for a Car Alarm Key Fob
Project in Nutshell: commissioned by a manufacturer of electronic equipment, we developed an enclosure design for a car alarm key fob. Our solution included eight different 3D enclosure models tailored to specific PCB sizes, allowing the client to select and refine the perfect design option for their key fob.
Client & Challenge
A manufacturer of automotive security and anti-theft systems commissioned us to design an enclosure for a car alarm key fob is based on their PCB.
Here are the client's key requirements:
- A compact, ergonomic, and stylish device.
- A replaceable display and LED indication.
- A connecting link for a keychain.
- Easy battery replacement.
- Button protection against accidental pressing.
Our designers have developed eight variants of 3D models of the future enclosure, taking into account the dimensions of the ready-made electronic circuit board for the car alarm key fob. Together with the client, we selected the optimal option and agreed to implement a classical style with the most durable materials and achromatic colours.
It was also decided to enlarge the display, change the number of buttons and make the antenna block wider to form a single line with the buttons.
The key fob enclosure design was presented by Promwad with several benefits:
- Asymmetric shapes, setting the product apart from competitors.
- Eight design options in different styles for the client to choose from.
As a result of the project, we fulfilled the following tasks:
- Enclosure design for the car alarm key fob, 3D modelling.
- STL files preparation for 3D printing of the designed enclosures.
More of What We Do in Automotive:
- Control Board Development for the Automatic Gearbox Selector: a case study on creating a custom control board for an automatic gearbox selector and integrating it with the car's system.
- Automotive ECU Development: discover our automotive ECU design services, enabling the operation of multiple modules and systems within electric, hybrid, and internal combustion vehicles.