Firmware Development for a Bicycle Computer
Jespr is a Swiss start-up company founded to foster the digitalization of the cycling industry.
The customer has approached us to help with firmware development for a bicycle computer.
Our engineers have implemented the following functions and systems with new firmware:
- OS kiosk mode, when only the client’s application is visible to a user;
- a new touch screen and accelerometer with Linux kernel configuration;
- GNSS cold start acceleration on the u-blox module;
- a separate application for updates, business logic settings and UI;
- Wi-Fi (incl. captive portal), Bluetooth and cellular connections;
- state of charge;
- ambient sensor.
As part of this project, we also set up an AWS cloud infrastructure to build and update delivery pipelines and implemented changes to the behaviour of hardware buttons and LEDs.
Our client got working firmware, new hardware (accelerometer, touch screen drivers) and kiosk mode. Also, we developed application settings, updates, and cloud build pipelines set up for automatic builds.