Onboard automobile data logger
By order of an American vendor of automobile communication devices we developed a new ready-to-operate product — a portable automobile recorder for control and diagnostics of technical state ("black box" for an automobile). It is plugged into a standard OBD-II plug, traces a route, fixes tens of technical parameters, records negotiations of passengers in a passenger compartment and transmits all information over a wireless channel to a dispatch-coordination center. The size of the recorder: slightly more than a matchbox.
Key characteristics of the automobile recorder
- The casing of the device is protected from unauthorized shutdown (the mechanism is blocked in a plug using a special key)
- The device fixes different technical parameters according to the OBD-II standard:
- rate of motion
- engine speed rate
- fuel content
- brake operation
- coolant temperature
- air conditioning system state, etc.
- If the automobile is in a Wi-Fi access area (IEEE-802-11b/g), data of the recorder can be transmitted remotely. The capability to store information on a USB drive is also implemented.
- Software provides the following functions:
- fault-tolerant firmware upgrade without data loss
- codification of an initialization file of the recorder
- The device can be used for finding causes and RTI causers, information collection for a hire fleet and parental control
Onboard recorder specifications
In the process of developing the onboard automobile recorder Promwad experts accomplished the following tasks:
— Software development and testing