The Jade Platform for automotive infotainment
- Project overview
The worldwide known vendor that is engaged in the design of evaluation boards and modules for in-vehicle infotainment systems.
To design a hardware & software platform based on Fujitsu Jade MB86R01 processor (331 MHz) with Embedded Linux support for the quick prototyping and development of automotive infotainment systems (IVI) and clusters with multimedia inside.
Our team developed an evaluation kit with embedded software for an innovative high-tech platform that significantly cuts the development time for complex onboard vehicle equipment and allows engineers to focus on critical system components.
The Jade Automotive Platform employs highly complex system elements:
- BGA electronic components for the processor and the memory
- A speed data bus
- An operating system
- Development tools
- Examples of GUI applications
The customer received a ready-to-use solution with the following key capabilities:
- A platform designed specifically for automotive in-vechical infotainment systems and clusters multimedia.
- A graphics processor by Fujitsu, a leader in the electronic design of chips for IVI systems
- The ability to display data on two separate TFT displays
- The ability to connect two cameras
- CAN and K-Line automotive interfaces
- Complex development tools and ready-made examples of constructing graphic user interfaces: working with layers, overlaying technical information on the video from a camera, and other effects
- Support for over 1,000 software packages, such as USB, Bluetooth, navigation, etc.
- How it's made
Hardware platform components
The CPU module contains of the main high-speed elements of the system, which are critical to PCB layout. It has a compact 100 x 58 mm form factor with two 100-pin connectors.
Modules can be based on Fujitsu Jade MB86R01 or Fujitsu Jade-L MB86R03 processors in the lite version, which has reduced memory and lacks support for MediaLB, USB, and IDE66 interfaces.
A CPU module can be used on development stage or in the target devices directly.
A peripheral interface board, which interconnects with the CPU module, is used for development products based on the platform.
It contains electronic peripheral components; a power control unit; RS232, USB, CAN, and K-Line connectors; LEDs; and buttons. This board has dual display interfaces, as well as the inputs and outputs for analog video and audio.